Thank you to everyone who has entered this years competition.
We are proud to announce this years winners and runners up.
Our first prize from our imaging sponsor Atik Cameras.
The Atik GP color CCD Camera.
The Atik GP excels as both a planetary camera and as a guider
Its compact size and light weight make it a joy to use on telescopes large and small. The senor used is the fantastically sensitive 1.3 million pixel ICX445 EXview II CCD from Sony.
The GP is capable of up to 30 frames per second and will download both 8bit data with the convenience of saving to standard avi file format, or 12bit for full dynamic range as Tif and Fits format.
When used with the included GPAcquire software the camera is fully configurable with gain, region of interest, data format and a myriad of other settings enabling optimal planetary, solar and lunar imaging. Data can be save direct to disk or initially to memory to optimise frame rates with slightly slower hardware.
Full technical specification here www.atik-cameras.com/product/atik-gp/
Our 2nd prize from our imaging sponsor Altair Astro
iOptron SkyTracker V2 DSLR camera mount with polar scope
- Attaches to any standard camera tripod
- Accepts cameras weighing up to 6.6 lbs (3 kg) if in a compact mass and well balanced.
- Auto-tracking for smooth camera motion, perfect for long exposures
- Cast aluminum body with plastic painting finish
- Integrated compass and latitude adjustment wedge for easy polar alignment
- Also includes AccuAligningTM dark-field illuminated polar scope
- Up to 24 hours of operation on 4AA batteries
- Padded carry bag included
- Optional ball head and tripod not included,available separately
Our 3rd prize from our imaging Sponsor Wexphotographic.
A £100 voucher.
This can be used online or in store on any of their range of photographic products.
Our Imaging sponsor Astronomy Now, are giving 3 runner up prizes.
1 years free subscription
Each of the three runners up will receive a free years subscription to Astronomy Now Magazine